Skip Navigation
 

Meeting Minutes, 28 September 2014

An intimate meeting. We miss our absent friends, but we relish the opportunity to have a very tiny circle. We feel the heat from each others' faces on our own faces.

HERE: Celeste, Paige, Alex (visiting—back from the dead), Becca, Skylar, Liz, Simon [minutes-taker], Keston, Sam (visiting—Nudity), Josh

THORNS: unrequitable love; sleep problems; today is gonna suuuuuuck; too many things to do; gettin sick; sick and sad that Waxwing is done; one night is not enough and everyone is unhappy; time is going away tomorrow once Hype Hero starts; this meeting is not outside; (lil face)

ROSES: “Beauty in life can be measured in how gracefully you let go of those things that are not meant for you” -Buddha; having fun with Sweeney and excited to audition Heist and I like this bagel; did a lot of fun things this weekend I think and also getting apple cider donuts after visualizing apple cider donuts; I get paid for some of the things; parents were here and it was nice; Alex, bravery, getting unsick; being here and seeing all these adorable little people; still a nice day at this time of year & Alejandra Rivera Flaviá used to live in the same little room in the same suite that I currently inhabit! & Alex is here; this is the last time I'll be wearing clothing in this space; being at a meeting

SONG 4 A FUTURE JENNIFER LAWRENCE

  1. no updates

UPSPACE: WAXWING AND NUDITY

  1. Waxwing didn't overspend, so any CAC money can refill New Works and Open Jar
  2. karma money made by Waxwing will go to PW
  3. Joie and Skylar believe that we shouldn't check bags
  • even if we have a sign saying we're not liable, we are still liable
    • there is a precedent for us having to pay for things (and pay a lot)
  • it's not unreasonable—people don't bring their bags to Spring Weekend and it's not an issue
  • PW can provide Nudity with a room and clothespins if Nudity wants to accept liability for bags
  • Sam feels strongly that we should have a bag check option; if we don't, people will just say they don't have a phone and sneak it in
  • people who are in Nudity won't be able to run the bag check, so it would seem odd to accept liability for actions performed not by them
  • THIS IS WHAT WE ARE DOING:
    • advertising will say “No phones or bags”—don't advertise that there is a bag check
    • if people do show up with stuff, there will be a bag check but we make it clear that we're not liable
    • Skylar will look into legality with Joie
  1. Sam has received his key
  2. they will apply for grants
  3. NUDITY HMs:
    • Monday 7-9: Celeste and Josh
    • Tuesday 5-6:30:
    • Wednesday 8-9:30:
    • Thursday 7-9:30:
    • Friday 6pm:
    • Friday 8pm:
    • Friday 11pm:
    • Saturday open mic:
  4. Celeste is making a lottery event

3C2C

  1. director apps due at 5pm; meet to decide at 10pm
  2. auditions are this coming week

SUNDAY SHOWS

  1. Gabe is doing a solo performance (his capstone) as late as possible
    • probably the Sunday after December slot, in reading period
  2. Skylar will text Marty for Poler Bears contact info
  3. BMC has been contacted
  4. reach out to Gravediggers? Chris Tran is the guy to talk to

250TH WIZARDS

  1. Joie is getting us Kate Burton's contact info
  2. Skylar is looking for a good date for the recent alums panel

ALMOST, MAINE STRIKE DEBRIEF

  1. seemed to go okay
  2. #TODO: Celeste, figure out how to get non-Skylar-style pizza
  3. we should not drink during strike

GRANTS! I MISS YOU, MARTY!

  1. Celeste gave me a high five
  2. Marcus turned in receipts, he was under budget

FINANCES

  1. Sean Patrick McGowan wants to donate $25/year to buy shoes for people with big feet
  • he lives in LA and eats Kale
  • #TODO: Becca, figure out specifics of where the cutoff is

NEUTER&SPAYMAY

  1. facilities has tried to fix the Downspace door

SAFETY

  1. yeh

ARCHIVES

  1. can we have a color poster for Almost, Maine?
  • happy birthday, Marli

PUBLICITY

  1. push Nudity and 3c2c auditions

PROPOSAL PUBLICITY

  1. #TODO: Celeste, make the proposal Facebook event
  2. we need quantity. quantity means it's more competitive so people write better proposals
  3. push people NOW
  4. let's get nametags for schmooze!
  5. SUBTOPIC: NEW PROPOSAL Q'S
  • Celeste and Liz presented a new set of questions
  • Skylar wonders if maybe we shouldn't have questions, just let people do what they want
    • presenting questions encourages people to write a proposal they think we will want
    • if people are really ready, they will know what to talk about
    • this could also bring in more interesting, unique proposals
  • should we explicitly ask how people will make a safe space?
    • maybe people who are prepared will just answer it without being prompted
    • but prompting will make people think about it and enshrine it as a pw value
    • everyone has a different definition of a safe space
  • what about a list of bullet points? (proposals tend to include this, this, and this.)
  • let's remember, the reason we originally wanted to rewrite the proposal questions to get people to answer things that they weren't answering under the old system. this new bullet point system is actually going in the other direction—it trusts that directors who are ready know what needs to be talked about and if there are any holes, they can be addressed in the interview.
  • let's publish past passed proposals?
  • hold on hold on! let's not focus too much on these questions. after all, writing about shit and directing a play are totally different skill sets. why don't we treat directing like a craft the same way we do designing and other stuff? we should be providing more opportunities to develop the skill of directing instead of treating directing like a thing that you earn by doing other jobs
  • BULLET POINTS? ARE WE DOING THEM? IS THERE A GOOGLE DOC?
    • #TODO: LIZ, MAKE A GOOGLE DOC I THINK A GOOGLE DOC IS HAPPENING

BUSINESS

  1. soccer tonight! bring your Brown ID! if we have too few people, we forfeit…
  2. #TODO: Marty the scheduling czarina, reschedule fall break meeting plz

#VISIONS

  1. meeting attendance (Becca)
minutes/14sep28.txt · Last modified: 2014/09/28 12:22 by shenriques
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Run by Debian Driven by DokuWiki