Skip Navigation
 

ok. with the alexes it was easy, since there was a girl alex and a boy alex, one became alexa in the minutes and one became alexio. which got confusing for me since I used to call alex rosenthal “alexa” a lot, but I managed that confusion quietly by myself. but the justins have been perplexing me since last fall. I kind of liked justino and justins, but then people thought I meant both justins when I was referring to spiegel. I feel strongly about not using a separate last initial unless it's incorporated into the name. one time last semester I even just used everyone's middle names, but that got confusing too. SO my executive decision is that justin spiegel will be justin in the minutes, and justin o'neill will be justino. no offense, justino, it's not that you're not also a “real” justin, it's just that justino kind of works, justEEno, much better than justins, which just makes it sound like we have even more justins than we already have.

with that, today's minutes:

pw board meeting minutes sunday march 16th

pastiche

strike at 5:30pm today
strike jobs assigned but they're a secret

third slot

going well so far
planning to rehearse in the space tonight
speaking of speakers, the DL (from the booth) speaker is broken
daria will finish dealing with the rights

commencement slot

justin met with mark brown this week, he'll be proposing
wants to know about the timing of commencement slot: they get it after MF
meeting is saturday april 5th (alana wil miss it for reckless tech)

first slot

haven't heard anything new from anybody

musical forum

we need to think of something for them to do
paint the upspace? clean/paint the downspace floor?
maybe we should have facilities clean it, or rent a steam cleaner

upspace

dan sobel just cancelled his reservation for next week
no one applied to new directors at all
we'll email the waitlisted people for those two now free weeks
if no one can do anything we'll open it up to the public
maybe andrew will build a nine-hole mini-golf course
alana will provide golf balls from an unnamed source

spac man

phil is helping us out getting someone to look at the gas smell
there's a missing ceiling tile by the shop
we count the light bulbs in each upspace light

meeting next week

spring break!

next meeting

11:00pm monday after spring break

business

alex

don't leave your food in the box office: ant infestation

arik

the safe is here! (we cheer)
but it's at walmart (we sound sad)
someone needs a “safe-ride” (we groan)

shortest meeting ever?

pastiche! post-mortem

justin:
doesn't seem like the brownbrokers board was terribly involved
house managing for them was confusing, no one who knew what was going on

alana:
we definitely decided on them helping house manage as well

alex: shows went really well, but the process was difficult for many people should we be more involved in producing it if we ever do it again?

sophie:
this was the first time doing it, still lots of things to learn and work out
also didn't get the material until rather late in the process because things came up
next year, brownbrokers would have more…time…on their hands

justin:
we don't have to decide right now

daria:
if we do a week again, we need to schedule the week very carefully
mainstage and rites and reasons both had shows this weekend too

tara:
the shows were pretty packed though

everyone:
really hard to house manage
no one had an accurate house count
no one to tell us when to open the house

alex:
part of the problem was we didn't advertise how to get tickets for pastiche

everyone:
daria rocks

justino:
finding rehearsal times, especially in the downspace, was really hard
tech was very poorly scheduled for brownbrokers, caused many delays

sophie:
there was never a chance to run it through, so no transition rehearsal, etc.
they were rehearsing right up until the house opened

alex:
as with 3c2c, we need a really strong (possibly board member) production meeting
these problems are foreseeable, just need to be handled smoothly

justin:
people should also understand this is a week-long show, not a full production

arik:
maybe too many problems going on within pastiche
48 had a really hard time getting enough directors and actors
a lot of people were already committed to other pastiche things
a lot of other people had other shows to see elsewhere on campus
the house turnout wasn't great - a lot of the audience was the casts

sophie:
maybe a 24-hour festival would have better energy

arik: maybe this isn't the best event to have in pastiche

alana:
48 is good because it was the one event people didn't have to apply to
could just come in off the street and be involved spontaneously

alex:
a lot of the people downstairs didn't come up to see the 2-minute plays first

sophie:
brownbrokers started advertising an 8:30 start time because that's when they went on
we shouldn't advertise internal scheduling notes

andrew:
advertise as: “pastiche! begins at 8:00 tonight, featuring…“

sophie:
it took a while for prom to get started this year
last year, because of the concert beforehand, brought people right into the space
maybe there should be a prom-kickstart event next time

justin:
so do we do it again?
something for the board to decide next year

alex:
maybe next year some of the alumni playwriting grant could go towards a bigger production

sophie:
the mini-musicals brought a lot of people in may get more people writing them next year

tara:
we should work on paying back the $300

andrew:
would like to be reimbursed for the surprise

alex:
when will we have the ceremony?
we should also put up that glass plaque thing

arik:
what happened to the cheese grater?

andrew:
work order to get it removed

justin:
works as long as lobby is quiet

minutes/08mar16.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/21 02:00 (external edit)
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Run by Debian Driven by DokuWiki