Skip Navigation
 

"Production Workshop Minutes"

11 september 2005



Present: Blair, Ross, Alex, Hannah, Brian, Kaya, Elliot, Alana, Todd, Justin
Visiting: Michelle Oing, briefly Maya Bruhns

The Invention of Love:

  • Garland's not here, but we think everything's going well. It's still running about 3 hours, and the design run is after this meeting.
  • Now the cast knows about the matinee, and it needs to be listed on the web.
  • 83 seats in the house. Reserves should include a “Phil slot”�always have tickets for Phil. He usually picks Monday.



The Mousetrap and Michelle's birthday:

  • Should we reschedule our meeting next week to accommodate TIOL's tech? (Answer: yes, it's at 11 am)
  • Positions closed: Stage Manager is Kate Egelhofer. She'll send us an app.
  • Ross will make posters for all the upcoming staff positions. Elliot is eager to help.
  • Auditions should be the week of the 19th, after the joint Musical Forum/Brownbrokers auditions which end at midday on the 18th. Elliot is eager to help reserve rooms. Kaya will ask if the upspace is available for auditions during tech week.
  • Is Elliot's gay robe too gay? Answer: not if he wears manly pajamas underneath. “Manly” means blue-and-white striped, because blue is a boy color. I told you we should have bought color tv.



Third slot:

  • We're deciding way in advance of their performance/load-in to the space. Should we bump the calendar back a week? Answer: We'll wait and see how giving The Mousetrap one week to meet with designers goes.



Three Chairs, Two Cubes:

  • Calendar: available on the website now. Subcommittee: Elliot (eager to help), Alex, Brian, Blair.
  • Brian will make up the posters and tableslips. Apparently, printing is free until the 20th.



Upstairs Space:

  • Emily's not here, and we don't think there's anything going on this week. Joe didn't perform after all, but Cabaret Night went well.



Space Maintenance:

  • The DownSpace sodiums will be fixed over Christmas break on university money.
  • If we need funds from UFB, we could start a literary magazine as a cover. With $8000 start-up costs. Maybe we could name it PWAM.
  • The table saw is okay now, but the radial arm saw needs work�or maybe just a new blade?
  • Ross says we're getting paper towels. Small celebrations.
  • Blair will clean up the spiderwebs in the DownSpace and save whatever weird bugs in there along the way.
  • If anyone wants to help a Boy Scout Haunted House on October 22nd, talk to Todd.



Katrina Benefit/PW Prom:

  • There are SO MANY INTERESTED GROUPS, and there are more added.
  • We'll hold it at 8 on October 1st, with a strict no-drinking policy for the groups.
  • $4 minimum donation at the door. Use Mikey's tactic of “How much change do you want?”
  • Afterwards, we'll throw a party called “Sex, Power, Todd” and finally answer the question of whether God is wearing pants.
  • PW Prom will be on November 4 or 5 if that's okay with MF's show, since one of those is dark day. Ross will ask for the okay. But, as Todd says, “It's dark day, not quiet day.” Elliot is eager to help Ross with both projects.
  • Brian appoints himself to the subcommittee of funk.



Empty Space:

  • Kaya and Ross will have a painting party after this.



BUSINESS:

Elliot:

  • is eager to help
  • we have the baby ads on the Jolt ready to go. But, the university has a new banner policy limiting groups to 7 days per semester. Ross is going to introduce Elliot to Phil O'Hara to see what we can do about that. He'll also check on our BDH ad.



Kaya:

  • The door wasn't opened for Mezcla auditions today, which should've been taken care of by the SAO.
  • We should put a phone in the DownSpace again so people can call pw, not cells, to find out, for example, when people are building in the space.
  • Two big questions: What should pw's relationship to mainstage be with regard to using their facilities/equipment, and how should pw prepare for sets in the future? The first question touches on the autonomy of pw, as well as the role of the fairness of working theater connections in determining the possibilities for a show's set. The second discusses the relative “elaborateness” of our most recent sets, as well as increasing lumber prices, whether we should stock up on lumber now, and whether it's right to raise show budgets.
  • We decide that it's impractical to set a policy determining pw's relationship to mainstage. We also decide to look into buying the stuff we borrow often, like rigging equipment. Todd will bring in more information about the lumber market to present to us. We can talk about the capabilities and limitations of pw sets in the show packet or on the website.
  • We leave more of the theoretical discussions for a to-be-scheduled Vision of PW meeting.



the PW board is: Brian Christian, Ross Cowan, Alana Jacoby, Hannah Lewis, Todd Lipcon, Garland McQuinn, Blair Nelsen, Elliot Quick, Alex Rosenthal, Kaya Schmandt, Justin Spiegel, Sarah Campen (on leave), Emily Drumsta (on leave), and Tess Lantos (on leave).

Word.


Back to the minutes | Back to the PW homepage

Taken by Blair, htmlized by garland.

minutes/05sep11.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/21 02:00 (external edit)
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Run by Debian Driven by DokuWiki