Skip Navigation
 

"Production Workshop Minutes"

27 nov 2005



In attendance: All of us, in various states of tech-induced crack-out.
Visiting: Sirin, Emily Pudalov (grant app)

Tod and I:

  • HM/ushers should be in funeral attire (ie, all black/suits if possible). Add to HM speech that the audience of the 7 pm show should exit the theater building quickly to allow us to ready the house for the next audience/not get everyone confused.
  • Elliot will talk to the BDH about when they're reviewing/printing for this slot, and while there, ask about an article on first slot with Alex as contact person.
  • SEATING PLATS: Monday at 11:30 pm
  • HM/Ushering schedule: (can switch off who sees show and who guides traffic)
    • Friday 7 and 9: Kaya and Justin
    • Saturday 7 and 9: Ross, Hannah, and Todd
    • Sunday 7 and 9: Brian, Garland
    • Monday 7: Alex, Alana
    • Monday 9: Elliot, Justin, Charly



PA/NA:

  • Doing their laundry list now (last week was pre-laundry list). Have seemed to work out a lot of the concerns Alex brought to them. Danielle will have the tie-breaker vote in case of any conflict.
  • Potential sound (unknown) and lighting designer (Alana with Todd mentor).
  • Alex needs a req for posters, lovely Justin.
  • They can hold auditions December 8-10, but it's getting late and into finals period. Earlier is probably preferable for them, but those dates may work. Possible auditions in the DownSpace? Otherwise, talk to:
    • Mary Sullivan in Maddock Alumni Center about reserving any academic rooms (ex. Wilson)
    • Phil/the SAO about non-pw rooms in Faunce or TF Green
    • Us about the Downspace! I've forgotten what Kaya said about whether there's something in the UpSpace other than our Vision meeting on the 9th.



Emily:

  • grant application for $130. Unsure whether Bill's Junkyard in Cranston takes purchase order, so might hope for reimbursement up to $80. Grants subcommittee will meet this week.
  • A performance (collaborative idea with Jen Silverman?) about Emily's encounters with prostitution abroad and new readings of the Mary Magdalene story.
  • There's no room in the UpSpace before the 7th. Need other space.
  • Ross calls Emily “EPu” and she doesn't respond.



UpSpace:

  • Todd finds a Dr. Pepper in the hallway, using his spidey sense to intuit the unmarked cup's whereabouts. Ross claims to have peed in the cup.
  • Nothing this week. Open for reservation December 1. Kaya will make up a poster (okay if it just has words, but IM The Brothel and they can send funny pictures). We decide no tableslips since the UpSpace is usually in high demand.
  • Garland express concern about our audience being small this week. Blair will email Tod and I about tableslipping the show.
  • Todd has a squirrel with large balls on his mousepad.



Space Maintenance:

  • “I went to get a Coke, and the machine was all out, and I was like, NO! This IS all my fault!” Alex will call in the Coke machine for real this time. He will request that one of the random-ass Cokes (caffeine-free Diet? Coke Zero?) be replaced by Barq's Root Beer or Dr. Pepper (NOT Mr. Pibb). Caffeine is the key.
  • Blair or Alex will look into the box office lock.



Grants:

  • Will meet this week and will probably use all the funds we have for the semester.



Empty Space:

  • is the name cursed? Blair will ask Tod and I about process pictures on the wall.



Vision:

  • COBAB cancelled, so we can have the UpSpace on the 9th. Meeting begins at 6 pm, and it's a potluck, so food it up. Plan for it to be a long meeting. Do as much work as you can ahead of time.



Ladders:

  • Where can we buy a ladder over 12'? Todd will call Home Depot stores in case the website lies, and email his tech list.



BUSINESS

Justin:

  • We have the ability to spend money! We may lose our $445 in paid services (unless we spend them on electricians), but we'll have about $1700 to spend this semester.
  • If the uni will pay for the sodiums (more of a plant ops thing) then we should put it toward dimmers (more of a theater thing).
  • Thankfully, the SAAB meeting in the DownSpace left three UFB members complaining about the noise from our sodiums. This could prove advantageous.
  • Justin will transfer money into copying, expressing that it's to pay for future copying, not reimbursement. Garland can attend any budget meetings necessary this week while Justin is at Moon Mary.
  • Justin will turn the Katrina money into a check ASAP for real.



the PW board is: Brian Christian, Ross Cowan, Alana Jacoby, Hannah Lewis, Todd Lipcon, Garland McQuinn, Blair Nelsen, Elliot Quick, Alex Rosenthal, James Rutherford, Kaya Schmandt, Charly Simpson, Justin Spiegel, Sarah Campen (on leave), Emily Drumsta (on leave), and Tess Lantos (on leave).

Word.


Back to the minutes | Back to the PW homepage

Taken by Blair, htmlized by garland.

minutes/05nov27.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/21 02:00 (external edit)
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Run by Debian Driven by DokuWiki