Skip Navigation
 

"Production Workshop Minutes"

20 november 2005



In Attendance: the whole kit and kaboodle (welcome, Charly and James!)
Visiting: Sirin (Tod and I), Stefan and Arvid (UpSpace)

UpSpace:

  • Stefan and Arvid are performing on December 11-13. Show called “Sensory Overlord”, electronic music in a tent with 3D stereoscopic video projections. They asked Todd a bunch of sound system questions.
  • We'll give COBAB until the 27th to reserve for next semester. Otherwise, they need to reserve like everyone else. We'll open UpSpace to public by December 1st.



Tod and I:

  • Now with two ASMs and a video guy! Design Run on Monday at 9 pm, all invited. Come play with puppets for an hour.



Our next PW meeting will be Sunday the 27th at 11:30 pm. Yea!

Peripatetic Adventure/Nomadic Adventure:

  • Blair notes as she types the minutes: I want to shorten this to “PANA”, which is also a Venezuelan slang word meaning “friend” or “pal”, as in “mi pana”.
  • We forgot to tell the new folks to come. (webeditor's note: “we”? no actually, that was all my fault. —garland) Alex is meeting with them this week to talk about setting up structures without stepping on toes, letting someone have the final call, etc.
  • Alex is also on publicity. Wants to ask BDH to so an article on this special processes as a way to drum up designers' support. Ask Emily Pudalov to design?
  • Designers due December 4 because of Thanksgiving. Alex doesn't want to email designers– wants to talk face-to-face or on phone, so if someone's interested, give their name to him.
  • The Fearsome Fivesome are having their Laundry List meeting today.



UpSpace:

  • apparently, Benry drank half a jar of salsa at his performance last night. The electronic music class seems to like our space.
  • back to the BDH: they have a tips email (say good idea for story, why interesting, include good contact people). Anna Abrahms did story on tech theater last year. Henry Kaplan (guitarist in 3C2C) is an Arts and Culture writer. Ask them!



Space Maintenance:

  • water fountain again– the frame is missing a screw. Kicking it helps.



Grants:

  • we got more details on the scavenger hunt. The $100 will go to a laser pointer and a metal fire extinguisher case (or hydrant?). We're concerned about the laser hurting people's eyes and about the pieces getting messed with once set up. Are we getting taken advantage of?
  • Justin says bring him the Home Depot receipts and he'll reimburse. He'll also get Cutter's req.



Empty Space:

  • Justin will email about a meeting on Monday in Faunce 201 about campus gallery space. Someone available will go (maybe Elliot or Todd).



Vision Meeting:

  • we'll hear from COBAB when their show is starting and ending, and base our timing from there– whether earlier on Friday, late Friday night, or Saturday day. But, be ready for it either December 9th or 10th.



BUSINESS

Todd:

  • We should be less stingy with keys and give them to set designers and sound designers as well. Kaya will get those to this show's staff.



Alex:

  • Alex, Elliot, and Charly won't make the 1 pm December 4th meeting because of Moon Mary.



Garland:

  • Wants to go to the MF board meeting to express her personal feelings of displeasure at the MF board taking off from Chicago strike before the lights and everything from strike had come down. Tod and I load-in people and some board members wound up staying until 2, up until about 1:30 was still strike. We say it's okay for Garland to go. Someone had thought Briel was coming today to apologize– they'd thought it was over. It's unclear whether we dismissed them.
  • We should be better about giving out jobs at strikes so that people aren't standing around.
  • We decide we should get new orange ladders (about 2 feet taller). Todd will price those out for next week.



What do cookies mean?

the PW board is: Brian Christian, Ross Cowan, Alana Jacoby, Hannah Lewis, Todd Lipcon, Garland McQuinn, Blair Nelsen, Elliot Quick, Alex Rosenthal, James Rutherford, Kaya Schmandt, Charly Simpson, Justin Spiegel, Sarah Campen (on leave), Emily Drumsta (on leave), and Tess Lantos (on leave).

Word.


Back to the minutes | Back to the PW homepage

Taken by Blair, htmlized by garland.

minutes/05nov20.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/21 02:00 (external edit)
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Run by Debian Driven by DokuWiki