Skip Navigation
 

"Production Workshop Minutes"

6 march 2005



In attendance: Immer, Blair, Sirin (visiting), Sasha (visiting), Alex (visiting), Garland, Brendan (visiting), Alana (visiting), Hannah, Tess, Brian, Reese, Jackie (visiting), Francis (visiting).

THEME:
What would it be like to have a board meeting with only half the board?
Also: The vegans attempt a revolution.

SCHEDULE:

  • Monday, March 7: 11:15pm SEATING PLATFORMS
  • Tuesday, March 8: 11:15pm LATE NIGHT BOARD MEETING ABOUT NEW PROPOSAL PROCESS. (Note - this meeting was determined necessary because we think we have a lot to discuss, and there were not enough board members at this week's meeting to make any decisions. Tuesday's meeting is MANDATORY. If you cannot make it, e-mail Immer. If more than a few will miss it, he will reschedule).
  • Friday, March 11: 11pm NEW MEMBERS Party. Prospective new members are invited to join the ENTIRE board at 11 in the upstairs space for a meet and greet.
  • Friday-Monday: 2nd Slot (Karaoke Kid - Sign up to usher if you haven't yet)
  • Sunday, March 13th: COMMUNITY PROPOSAL MEETING/BOARD MEETING, since there is a 2:00 Karaoke Kid show, assume that the board meeting will be at noon, and the proposal meeting will begin at 1:00 (so some board members can go usher Karaoke). Please e-mail Immer ASAP if you will not be able to make one or both of those



SECOND SLOT

  • Seating platforms TOMORROW NIGHT (Monday) at 11:15pm.
  • They need a sound board op, can something go in the e-mail? Yes.
  • Blair is a terrible person.
  • Ticket reserves are going to Ross ASAP.
  • Still waiting on glow tape, and new duvetyne. Don't hold your breath, we say.
  • The pool is “slightly leaking.” Alex thinks it isn't a problem
  • Ushering
    • Friday - Blair, Tess
    • Saturday - Garland, Justin
    • Sunday Matinee (2) - Hannah, _ (SIGN UP PLEASE) * Sunday - Reese, Brian * Monday - Immer, (SIGN UP PLEASE)



WITFS
Reese is meeting with Nick after the meeting. Nick will get his keys at strike from Maya. He is not holding auditions. Reese will tell him that his cast/crew needs to be at strike on Monday.

3rd SLOT (The Other Side of the Closet)

  • Congratulations!!! Yay. We've been looking for a proposal that blends Dance Dance Revolution and the Chinese land of the dead, and we're so glad that we finally found one that we will throw our life-sized cardboard cut-outs of Johnny Depp playing Captain Jack Sparrow into the air in celebration.
  • Auditions are Thursday and Friday, Sasha will send info to Reese for the e-mail.
  • Revised copy of the script goes out to Garland.
  • Immer will send out the showpacket.
  • 3rd slot needs to attend both WITFS and 2nd SLOT strike.



Performance Studies International (PSi)

  • They need us and our energy and enthusiasm for Performance Studies International. There are 257 events. Specifically, they need people to be with and to help rehearse some of the leading performance artists of the country (Mabou Mines, Split Britches, Topeng Dancers, etc). The festival takes place over Wednesday-Sunday March 30th-April 3rd (second half of spring break). They're hoping that people will want to stay to go to these panels and speak to these artists. “Just to hang out in the Blue Room while this is happening will be exciting in and of itself.” Volunteer times lets you go and not have to pay the registration fee (plus, you can volunteer for the things that they want to see anyway). They need at least 100 volunteers to get this to work. If you are interested, email PSi@brown.edu. The website is www.brown.edu/psi. You can learn about workshops, performances, and the full calendar. You can also send Ken specific requirements (“I can work on Friday, but nothing else - and I'd really like to go to this panel”). And you get a lanyard if you volunteer. The weekend before the conference are the training sessions.
  • Q: How many participants do you expect?
  • A: Probably about 500. There are about 300 signed up right now, and there will be more.
  • When you go to the web you'll find “Days at a Glance,” and those have short titles for all the panels, performances and workshops for each day. If you e-mail those to PSi, then you'll get a volunteer experience that works for you.
  • Q: If you can't be here the first Monday and Tuesday, but can be here for the conference, is that okay?
  • A: Oh yeah, baby. Just let us know in your e-mail.
  • Spread the word around, even to your friends.



Donuts:
It has come to the attention of the writer of these minutes that certain board members (you know who you are) have been failing in their donut-bringing duties. For questions on the current donut policy, contact Blair. What was that, Blair? You can't have any donuts? Cause you're a vegan? No ice cream either? OR cookies? Oooh, shucks! That's too bad… Mmm-mmm, those donuts sure are good! You don't know what kind of gooey perfection you're missing. Sugary sweet, mouth-watering crumbly chocolate donuts… Mmmmm…

Survey/Proposal Process

  • What are we doing with launching the new proposal process…?
  • Blair is a toe-sucking warthog.
  • Last week, we decided that we'd send out a mid-week e-mail to explain the full new proposal process in full. Next week, let's explain our proposal process to everyone! We'll send out a mid-week e-mail as well as the regular e-mail saying proposal process will be explained Sunday at noon, with a full board meeting to follow immediately thereafter. NEXT WEEK'S BOARD MEETING IS AT NOON, followed by a 1:00 proposal meeting. Mikey, Reese and Hannah will explain the new process at the meeting. We discuss. We need to give the option of grandfathering proposals.
  • Reese: I was hesitant to send out the e-mail this week because I don't think we're ready.
  • Tess: I have a set designer who helped me figure out what I want to say.
  • Immer: Blair is an obstinate monkey-wanker.
  • We need to have a midweek meeting, and make a list of the glaring holes, and figure out the “how.” Subcommittee will meet and create a full proposal early this week, and we'll meet Tuesday at 11:15 (WHOLE BOARD) to iron everything out.



New Members

  • We have posters yesterday. We're going to plaster campus. Brendan thank you for coming to the meeting. Did we decide on a meet and greet location? Let's do it at PW. This Friday.
  • Blair tries to subvert authority and take over the job of secretary. Fortunately for all with a sense of humor (sorry Justin), the vegan revolution fails.



Upstairs Space

  • If you were not there, you missed something. The entire space is STILL covered with paint. Oh yeah, baby. That's art.
  • For Joe Posner's show, he wants April 9th also? Hannah will e-mail Sasha. He also wondered about getting alcohol. Tess and Joe will talk after Tess works out alcohol policy with Phil O'Hara.
  • Painters from Art House are coming at 2… Apparently only 4 people showed up of all of art house. There are shifts.
  • No shows this week or next week.



SAAB
Immer is working on soundproofing. Don't hold your breath. He is racing Todd (for the speaker). Whoever gets their item first gets Blair to do chores for them for a week. Tess will be the judge.

Empty space
Tabled. PLEASE SEND UPDATES ON YOUR COMMITTEES IF YOU CAN'T MAKE MEETING.

Tape
Tabled. PLEASE SEND UPDATES ON YOUR COMMITTEES IF YOU CAN'T MAKE MEETING.

Speaker
Tabled. PLEASE SEND UPDATES ON YOUR COMMITTEES IF YOU CAN'T MAKE MEETING.

Duv
Tabled. PLEASE SEND UPDATES ON YOUR COMMITTEES IF YOU CAN'T MAKE MEETING.

PW Prom
Tabled. PLEASE SEND UPDATES ON YOUR COMMITTEES IF YOU CAN'T MAKE MEETING.

Space Maintenance
Tabled. PLEASE SEND UPDATES ON YOUR COMMITTEES IF YOU CAN'T MAKE MEETING.

Summer studies

  • Maya: Couldn't make the meeting today because she is “cooking dinner.”
  • But she sent a report via Immer's cell phone. Report on Summer Studies: No news yet.



Business:

Reese:
Changing time of Sunday meeting? It has been at various times in various semesters. Immer will send an e-mail out trying to schedule meeting.

Todd:
Something for the yearbook? Nobody cares.

Immer:
The evidence of recent donuts makes Immer apologize wholeheartedly for questioning the sexual orientation of certain board members (who shall remain nameless). Go man go. Carpe puellas.

Immer:
Cannot make next week's meeting (he is in Philly). Nominates Mikey as agenda bitch and secretariat in his absence.

Blair makes a snide remark (attempting to be subtle, we think) about sending the minutes out promptly. The writer of these minutes apologizes profusely if his failure to send out minutes promptly has interfered with Blair's delicate schedule of leaf-munching, toe-sucking and monkey wanking. Although he lacks Blair's tact and gazelle-like grace, the current secretary will do his best to get the minutes out promptly. If, in doing so, he accidentally deletes any of Blair's contributions toward the meeting, he hopes that she forgives his omission and knows that he is in such a race to get the minutes out that occasionally these slip-ups may occur from time to time, and are only a side effect of the speed drawn out by Blair's inspiring leadership.

No animals were harmed during the creation of these minutes.

Respectfully submitted.

the PW board is: Matt Biagini, Maya Bruhns, Brian Christian, Ross Cowan, Adam Immerwahr, Tess Lantos, Hannah Lewis, Todd Lipcon, Garland McQuinn, Blair Nelsen, Michael Perlman, Reese Smith, Justin Spiegel, and Emily Drumsta (on leave).

Word.


Back to the minutes | Back to the PW homepage

Taken by Immer, htmlized by garland.

minutes/05mar06.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/21 02:00 (external edit)
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Run by Debian Driven by DokuWiki