Skip Navigation
 

"Production Workshop Minutes"

23 may 2004



Visiting: James Rutherford Board: Blair, Bia, Garland, Griska, Emily, Gayle, Todd, Ross, Immer, Jess, Vanessa, Dov *Sigh, the last PW meeting for the seniors.

Magellan Project:

  • Ushering!
    • Thursday @ 7–Gayle, Bia.
    • Thursday @ 10–Vanessa, Todd
    • Friday @ 3–Griska, Immer
    • Saturday @ 8–Immer, Garland
    • Saturday @ midnight–Blair, Emily
    • Sunday @ 6–Dov, Ross
  • Immer will see if there are special things the HM needs to say. Speeches will be given in the hallway, we believe.
  • Strike will be at 7:15. STRIKE JOBS:
    • Running the Damn Thing: Griska
    • Electrics Room: Emily, Garland
    • Electrics Floor: Gayle
    • Upstairs Space: Ross
    • Sound: Todd
    • Costumes: Vanessa
    • Shop: Dov
    • Hot Room: Blair
    • Props: Maya
    • Furniture: Bia
  • Make sure we take out all trash and empty the box office fridge!
  • Reserves: can our families reserves tickets for the show? Ross says there aren't many reserves yet and the deadline is tonight, so send him your requests and he'll see what he can do.
  • Ross will call Pannill to remind him to remind people about the deadline.

The Father:

  • Immer: It's going delightful…ly
  • They'll know about housing after Commencement, so people living off-campus might be getting calls.
  • The joint steel purchase didn't happen because Magellan didn't wind up using steel, but money will come out of that budget for The Father to still get steel.
  • James Rutherford will either TD or co-TD. It's unclear how much Dade will be involved. He could make an ideal TD mentor so he could offer advice on how to do things properly and commit as much as he wanted.
  • Brian's done some sound recording already, and might come back for a few days in August to play around some more.

Upstairs Space:

  • Karola's show left the cubes and floor painted reddish. Immer kept the deposit check, asking her to buy a galloon of flat black paint for the cubes.
  • Do we want to paint the UpSpace floor? It might a good project for the end or beginning of each semester.

Grants:

  • We can't change the names on reqs.
  • Joe Posner will wait two weeks to get tapes from the original store.

Safety:

  • Dov bought safety equipment, and it's in his basement. He'll bring it over on Tuesday.
  • We should put up signs in the shop (“don't use this without supervision”, “wear your safety goggles”, “ask for help”, etc). Griska will think up the needed signs, and Emily will make them.
  • Make it a point to remind people to use safety equipment! Immer will add it to show packet. The bozo should bring it up at the first staff meeting.
  • A board member should be available to do a safety workshop. We'd also like a board shop safety workshop–tentatively set for WEDNESDAY AT 5 PM.

Purchases:

  • Garland is buying lighting stuff tomorrow. She'll get back to us with how much money we have left and buy a Home Depot gift card.
  • Wish list: cordless trim saw, batteries for screw gun, new drill gun, big ratchet, gel. Griska will price this out, Garland will recommend what we buy with money left. Todd and Gayle will have a gel meeting.
  • Dov requests a new blade for his trim saw since we used his all year.
  • The safety equipment is a donation from MF. They had an extra check to Home Depot they weren't using, so we used it. (Thanks Dov, Andy, and the mysterious check-writer.)

Archives: MONDAY AT NOON! Everyone welcome to help! BUSINESS: Griska:

  • Please spend time in your rooms this week making them look presentable since lots of parents and alums will be walking through.
  • He's painting the booth table after this meeting (the legs will be red).
  • Gayle: the HM should offer to give tours of the space to alums!

Garland:

  • Where'd the folding table that the light board lives on go?
  • Would Mainstage loan us a folding table? Should we buy one? Griska will price one out.
  • Griska's getting back the screens soon.

Blair:

  • There's a banner on the wall that says something about Wednesday at midnight with a legacy.

Todd:

  • Wants to fix the busted speaker over the summer. Is it possible to do that and pay for it in the Fall?
  • Yes, but it's better to get it fixed in late August and send the bill to the SAO (box 1930? It's on every p.o.). Have them not send the bill until September since we can't get the p.o. number until then, and that number on the bill is how the SAO knows to pay it.

Dov:

  • Apologizes for missing the BBQ.
  • The job of liaison to Fire Marshall Bill goes to Maya (she's “Adult Communications”).

Jess:

  • Everyone come to 107 Governor Street this Tuesday night for “Dirty Dancing Governor Street”!



the PW board is: Matt Biagini, Maya Bruhns, Brian Christian, Ross Cowan, Emily Drumsta, Vanessa Gonzalez, Adam Griska, Adam Immerwahr, Tess Lantos, Dov Lebowitz-Nowak, Todd Lipcon, Gayle Macdonald, Garland McQuinn, Blair Nelsen, Michael Perlman, Rebecca Rouse, Jessica Wilson and Reese Smith (on leave).

Word.


Back to the minutes | Back to the PW homepage

Taken by Blair, htmlized by garland.

minutes/04may23.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/21 02:00 (external edit)
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Run by Debian Driven by DokuWiki