Skip Navigation
 

"Production Workshop Minutes"

15 february 2004



NEXT MEETING: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 24 AT 5 PM. Have a good long weekend.

Present: James Egelhofer (2nd slot PM), Erica Saleh (1st slot PM), Katherine Peter Kovner (Upstairs Space), Owen McDougall (checking us out), Immer, Garland, Tess, Gayle, Emily, Griska, Vanessa, Maya, Jess, Blair.

Katherine Peter Kovner: Is directing “A Separate Peace” by Tom Stoppard in the UpSpace soon. This is hot.

Country Wife:

  • Receptive audience! Lots of karma!
  • Strike is at 10:15 pm on Monday. Strike jobs:
  • Running it: Griska
  • Shop: Immer, (Maya)
  • Costumes: Emily
  • Lights: Garland, Gayle
  • Hot Room: Blair
  • Props: Maya
  • UpSpace: check with Immer before storing anything here.
  • Box Office: Jess and Tess.

The Best Brown Musical Ever: The Musical:

  • Hot cast. Will be at strike. The rehearsal process is “mass insanity”.
  • Ask the Upstairs Space and SAO for secondary rehearsal space.

COBAB:

  • The problem: there was no single person in charge, and agreements were pushed.
  • Shows in the UpSpace must talk with the board, not the DownSpace, for permission.
  • While TF Green is a student space, the UpSpace is under PW's jurisdiction (to counter Alex's e-mail that it's 'not just [our] space').
  • EMILY IS THE COBAB LIAISION!
  • Both PW and COBAB are ideologically coming from the same place. We're both just looking for space to perform.
  • The show was hot.
  • their shows should happen in the UpSpace, but with a clear policy.
  • We should treat a rock concert like a party in the space. There should be party managers.
  • Emily, Blair, and Immer will sit down and draft up the new policy, presenting it at next week's meeting.

3rd slot:

  • Due March 3. Decision Meeting is March 6.
  • Tess is the mentor, and Immer is the mentor's mentor. (Meaning: Tess is the contact person.)
  • Blair will make a poster. She lost the nose game.

Upstairs Space:

  • Booked until May 7! Well, that means something is happening every weekend until then, but there are still some dates available.
  • Truss? Tabled. Griska will be on it.

Home Improvement:

  • Some shop improvement will go on tonight at 10 pm.
  • Griska will get some self-tapping screws.
  • Receipts for such things as are immediately needed should go to Garland, who will then provide cash reimbursement.
  • PW needs Griska-proof benches.
  • In the future, it's generally a good idea to ask everyone to improve PW on Saturday afternoons. Only this past one was particularly bad.
  • The remaining duv will be sewn at strike.
  • Maya: should we rethink the library now that we have the lounge? YES! Let's make it into a costumes/props/crafts construction room.

3 Chairs, 2 Cubes:

  • Sooooooooo many authors. Let's find some directors.
  • Auditions will be the last weekend of February.
  • March 16-27 is tech-through-show.
  • People will generally be discouraged from directing their own work.

New Members:
-Seduce all the hot people you know into applying.

Out o' Bigelow:

  • The theater van is broken and highly ticketed. TRAGIC!
  • We should ask the university to help us with transportation since they're the ones that need us gone.
  • But, since there's still trash on the floor in Biggs, we don't think there's a rush.

Best Brown Musical Ever/ Capacity of House:
-Should we ask that set designs be changed to accommodate a larger house? Yes - we should speak to directors about this since they'll have an interest in a large house. Gayle will speak with Lance and Andy.

Grants:

  • 2 people are interested!
  • Maythinee: a solo show.
  • Dan Bassicus: some offsite and really hot. He should come to a meeting and talk with us about it.

PWAM:

  • Alum of the month: Paul Moser of Oberlin.
  • Emily had a productive meeting with Seth Bockley.
  • There can and shall be a PWAM link/section of the PW website!

Business:

Garland:

  • On Thursday, she's going to UFB meeting to ask for money. This is the last call for any monetary requests!
  • booth, sound system/new speaker?, mike cables, CD player are some things on the wish list… Griska will e-mail Garland about it.
  • Anyone know how to reach Tanya Manners? Maybe Tanya_Manners@alumni.brown.edu?
  • Griska will try to troubleshoot the box office computer.

Immer:

  • We need a monitor for the UpSpace booth and an actual lighting design for the Upstairs Space.
  • Garland will work on this.

Blair:

  • Sometime we should think about the red “gallery” wall. SAO wants us to get whatever we want done (say, wall mountings) done professionally.
  • When using your extra sensitive condoms in the space, please don't leave the wrapper in the middle of the floor in the DownSpace lobby.
  • Yea futons.

Maya:

  • Maya wants to adopt the job of getting the Coke machine back for the new lounge.
  • Where are the plaques? Does Dov have them?
  • Maya will look into the big “miscellaneous signage” that the University broke (and should replace! It was a gift!)
  • Blair and Maya will meet to discuss the e-mail Dean Jablonski sent about clearing the building during PW shows.



the PW board is: Matt Biagini, Maya Bruhns, Emily Drumsta, Vanessa Gonzalez, Adam Griska, Adam Immerwahr, Tess Lantos, Dov Lebowitz-Nowak, Gayle Macdonald, Garland McQuinn, Blair Nelsen, Michael Perlman, Rebecca Rouse, Jessica Wilson and Reese Smith (on leave).

Word.


Back to the minutes | Back to the PW homepage

Taken by Blair, htmlized by garland.

minutes/04feb15.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/21 02:00 (external edit)
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Run by Debian Driven by DokuWiki