Skip Navigation
 

"Production Workshop Minutes"

16 november 2003



Present: Gayle, Adam, Michael, Maya, Blair, Tess, Garland, Emily, Rebecca, Klabund, Matt, Vanessa, Reese

Visiting: Dade, Greg, Emily, Ben B-F, Patrick

Congratulations “The Country Wife”!

  • Auditon space = Bigs
  • Audition same time as “Machinal” - Thursday and Friday
  • Set design due meeting after break (probably Monday 11 pm)

Ben B-F:

  • Turnbuckles? Should be some.
  • Aircraft cable? PW could pay for.
  • Tie line will be bought out of show budget.
  • Shivs? Pulleys?
  • Spent $6 on screws.
  • Lag bolts? We think not.

Seating platforms will have to come down for electrics.
Might drill into the ceiling.

Keys should go through Maya.

Costume racks will come later to mainstage.

Strike:

  • V = van
  • Emily, Reese = Bigs
  • Dov, Rouse = Shop
  • Matt = Upspace
  • Michael = Office
  • Gayle, Garland = Electrics
  • Blair = Hot Room

Shop - Dov would like to weld racks over break.

Michael - wants someone to become Treasurer. He'll train them next semester. Garland is interested, but might take next fall off. That's ok!
Garland = Treasurer ! =)
Rouse = Secretary

2nd slot -
Michael = 2nd slot mentor
Emily = poster

Michelle - making an installation in List. Wants to borrow some duv. Adam will meet with her.

BUSINESS:

Rebecca - crazy idea:
Make decision meetings and new member meetings open:
- would cut down on exclusivity
- unneccesary mysteriousness about meetings

Adam - thinks this is a horrible idea.

V - open session during generating questions?

Adam - how would this stimulate discussion?

Rouse - we serve a small community

Adam - unprofessional to accept someone into a job without a private conversation.

Interviews for new members?

Let's have a better relationship with the department.

New members must attend at least three meetings?

Adam - is afraid we'll turn into an attraction to talk about theatre. Our productions will suffer which will lead to the discussions suffering. A bad circular cycle.

Larger board?

Tabled.

Garland, Rouse, Reese, Emily and Tess will meet to come up with some specific ideas of how to combat exclusivity.

Garland - fixed Web Tickets! =)
Will be in contact with MF about “Into the Woods”

Speakers will get hung at Strike.

Decision meeting dates:
Feb 7 = 2nd slot decision meeting
Mar 6 = 3rd slot decision meeting
Apr 24 = commencement slot decision meeting

3C2C will be chosen by a subcommittee.

New members meetings - have one or two? Tabled.

Maya - PW props are in MF's storage room. Needs key. Will talk to Briel. Car? Wants to move stuff.

Blair - Equiptment in the sound closet will be checked out by groups. We can also use it.
No activity in the building 7 - 11 pm.

the PW board is: Matt Biagini, Maya Bruhns, Emily Drumsta, Vanessa Gonzalez, Adam Griska, Tess Lantos, Dov Lebowitz-Nowak, Gayle Macdonald, Garland McQuinn, Blair Nelsen, Michael Perlman, Rebecca Rouse, Reese Smith, Jessica Wilson and Adam Immerwahr (on leave).

Word.


Back to the minutes | Back to the PW homepage

Taken by Gayle, htmlized by garland.

minutes/03nov16.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/21 02:00 (external edit)
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Run by Debian Driven by DokuWiki