Skip Navigation
 

"Production Workshop Minutes"

2 march 2003



Present: Garland, Blair, Griska, Maya, Gabe, Gayle, Jessie, Cari, Seth

Visiting: Dade

2nd slot -
Drunken Midnight Show last night.
Drunk shows are only allowed if the show is not advertised (just word of mouth and friends); the director must know about it. And we should discourage them in general. (Put in show packet?)

Le't ask for card access to Keeney. Or for a temp card. (for the bathroom)
Maya will find out about this.

Online Web Tickets:
only 2 per night, use real names
Maybe we should put at the top of the site that we won't give people tickets at the door if they haven't complied.

STRIKE LIST:

  • Run Strike = Griska, Ben Clarendon
  • Electrics = Gabe, Gayle
  • Shop = Maya
  • Bathroom = Seth
  • Costumes = Jessie, Cari
  • Floaters = everyone else

Let's keep the props we got from the MF storage room.

Strike will be tomorrow (monday) at 9:30 pm.

MF - sound cable? adapters? Griska will be on top of figuring that stuff out.

3rd slot -

WITS -
It is procedurally inappropriate for board members to talk to proposers about the likelihood of their proposals being passed beforehand. New Directors - Let's mentor proposals.
Proposals due April 4.
Decision meeting (subcommittee) Saturday, April 5
Workshop discussion with past directors
Auditions Monday, Tuesday April 14-15
Monday, April 28 - Strike for WITS and hang New Directors rep plot
Tuesday, April 29 - Tech
Wednesday, April 30 - Dress
Thursday, May 1 - Final Dress
Friday - Monday, May 2-5 Performances

Shows should be 5-15 minutes long, mini proposals (Cari and Gabe wrote up guidelines)

Set: it will be in the round. No set; just seating platforms. They can use minimal furniture (3 chairs, desk, table, COUCHES!) and any costumes and props they want. . .

People who've expressed interest:
Matt Biagini, Kevin Scott, Jaime Green, Blair Nelsen, Maya Bruhns

Want about 6, Might take up to 8.

Rehearsal space = ?
5th floor Keeney lounge, reserve 2 rooms in Wilson, dorm lounges. . . Cari and Gabe will get on that.

Staff needed: PM, SM, LD (possibly Mac), a “think about space” semi-SD
Cari and Gabe will find/ask people. Offsite - Cari = David's assistant
Jessie = Cari's assistant
Griska = Technical advisor

Cari will email out what the deal with cable is. (It would be nice to have it up before MF starts cabling.)

Griska - will go get the sandwich board

Grants -
* Maythinee Washington - is it a Perishable Theater event? Jessie will be in touch with her; if appropriate, Seth will get in touch with the university about policy.
* David - Proposal passed but we would like him to look into buying cheaper CD's.
* Slip of the Tongue - Proposal passed. Encourage them to work towards university group status.

Jessie - May alums (working with undergraduates) apply for a grant?

We appoint Perlman to talk to Jablonski about keeping Bigelow for first semester next year. Discussion of whether we want to try to keep Bigelow indefinitely tabled.

Keys - Maya's working on it.

the PW board is: Jessie Austrian, Seth Bockley, Maya Bruhns, Cari Cymanski, Vanessa Gonzalez, Adam Griska, Adam Immerwahr, Gabe Kahane, Dov Lebowitz-Nowak, Gayle MacDonald, Garland McQuinn, David Myers, Blair Nelsen, Michael Perlman, Rebecca Rouse, Mac Vaughey, Liz Drew (on leave), and Michael Linden (on leave).

Word.


Back to the minutes | Back to the PW homepage

Taken by Gayle, htmlized by garland.

minutes/03march02.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/21 02:00 (external edit)
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Run by Debian Driven by DokuWiki