Skip Navigation
 

"Production Workshop Minutes"

19 jan 2003



Present: Gayle, Cari, Dov, Gabe, Immer, Maya, Vanessa, Perlman, David, Rouse, Griska, Mac, Jessie, Seth

Visiting: Briel

Welcome back Rouse and Gabe! =)

Lila Rose would like to be on our email list. Let her know about seating platforms, ushering, etc.

Crave
Briel needs a banner person. Immer will help.
Rights - Will be up to $125 more. Passed unanimously to grant show budget up to $125 more (making it a budget of $625 or less)

David - let's talk about upping the show budgets.

Crave wants shoulder pads and old keys.

Briel will look into booking Arnold Lounge for the performance weekend. The other option is we open the house at 7:15 and actors spend pre-show in the Costume Room (or behind duvetyne)

Mentors - Remind proposers and their set designers to make space in Bigelow for dressing rooms and for the piano.

2nd slot
Decision meeting Saturday, February 1st. We meet at 9 am. Interviews at noon. We have options as to location (lounges, apartments) - we will decide where later.

Mentors: Seth - Yaniv: needs a PM

  • Karola
  • Thesy: needs a set designer
  • Sophie
  • Lucy
  • Emily (?)
  • Spencer (?)
  • Alden (?)



New Members -Cari

  • Garland
  • Biagini?
  • Reese?
  • Briel?
  • Annabelle

Applications are due in a week; TALK IT UP!!!!

Saturday, February 8th, 9 am = New Members Meeting
Next week we will look at the envelopes we wrote at the retreat on how to make the decision meeting process better.

Making Bigelow a theater -

  • Duv - Immer: Rejected picture hangers as too expensive (50 cents each) and they might rip down the molding. We will hang the duv from the truss.
  • Electricity/Truss/UFB - Mac: ordered truss and dimmer pack. (Diane will put UFB money back in our secret account). The dimmer pack should come on Wednesday; we don't know about the truss. Both will be re-used in our new Upspace.
  • Paint - Dov is on top of getting us a utility sink in Keeney for washing out paint brushes. Brushes should be bought out of the show budget.
  • Move costumes from Cari's? - It would be wonderful but we don't know where we would put them. Tabled until later (no later than when Cari's lease runs out.)
  • Phone - Dov is on top of it.
  • Storage Subcommittee = Immer and Maya. They will investigate storage options. (the lights will be stored in the air.)
  • Platforms - If Tim did in fact destroy them, we should build some. (It might entice proposers! =))
  • Air compresser vanished at WSS strike.
  • Let's get our bench back from Leeds.

Grants
David wrote up Miranda rights. Look them over this week. Next week we will discuss. Jobs List
Tabled. Immer will bring it next week.

UCAC
(Undergraduate Creative Arts Council) - Immer will figure that out. Cari + Gayle = reps

Proposal Guidelines -
Immer and Gayle wrote up a proposal guideline packet, including new questions. Look them over this week. Next week we will discuss.  Bigelow Show Packet - Immer will email it out for critique sometime this week.

Off-site -
We will discuss it/define it later. David would like to spearhead it.

Playwrighting Workshop -
Those two weeks could be used for various other events. Proposals we had today were:

  • New Directors
  • Work in Progress
  • Penguin

Think about this. We will discuss/decide later.

BUSINESS David-
Let's recycle or reuse programs. Make ourselves a box.

Jessie
- Alden talked with her about reproposing - what should she tell him?

  • We don't like the play.
  • We don't all agree.
  • Gabe - there's a lack of integrity in his political statement.
  • Dov - It's not our place to make artistic decisions. Alden's proposal does not provide useful work or process for the actors.
  • Rouse - talk with him constructively about rewriting the play.



Maya -
organized our trash. Throw things away in the right bins!

the PW board is: Jessie Austrian, Seth Bockley, Maya Bruhns, Cari Cymanski, Vanessa Gonzalez, Adam Griska, Adam Immerwahr, Gabe Kahane, Dov Lebowitz-Nowak, Gayle MacDonald, David Myers, Michael Perlman, Rebecca Rouse, Mac Vaughey, Liz Drew (on leave) and Michael Linden (on leave).

Word.


Back to the minutes | Back to the PW homepage

Taken by Gayle, htmlized by garland.

minutes/03jan19.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/21 02:00 (external edit)
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Run by Debian Driven by DokuWiki