Skip Navigation
 

"Production Workshop Minutes"

30 september 2002



Define "A Viable Space" Meeting

Present: Gayle, Linden, Griska, Cari, Seth, Mac, Laura Jellinek, Lieva Whitbeck, Adam Lewis, James Egelhofer, Jessie, Perlman, Allison Geffner, Dov

What would make T. Bigs a viable space:

  1. A 24 x 24 ft movable floor of 4 x 8 stress skins. PW board will build it. We will request money from UFB.
  2. What would be the cost of replacing the carpet? PW will request money from UFB but PW would be willing to spend $1500 of PW money; above that, we would need funding from UFB. PW board will remove the rug. If the asbestos tiles pop up, the university would call in the asbestos people. PW board will paint the floor black (several coats).
  3. We would like to make the ceiling black, possibly by tacking black scrim to the ceiling (and allowing for its structure, the sprinklers and the lights). This is not a first priority.
  4. We will hang duvetine on the picture rail around the room.
  5. We need 100 amps of 3-phase power on 120 volts with a twist lock connection. By October 15th, we need proof (a work order, a scheduled time) that this will be supplied by November 11th. We will rent a 24-pack dimmer touring rack. We will request money from UFB.
  6. As a minimum, we need 12 boom bases (6 additional) and about 200 feet of pipe (120' additional). Ideally, we would like to look into renting/buying trusses. Mac will look into that.
  7. Lobby: We need Arnold Lounge to be reserved for us for December 5th- 9th, 6 pm - midnight and for a Sunday matinee. Ideally, we would like to have it reserved every evening for the tech week of the show.
  8. We need daily access to our whole costume stock. As a back-up plan, they could be stored at Cari's.
  9. We would like to have Dean Jablonski's administrative backing that we will try our best in terms of not building during Quiet Hours. We need to check with Res Life and the residents of Keeney that it will be ok to have two weeks of orchestra rehearsal.

Thoughts for PW: PW will take one alcove for storage.
Piano = gift to PW!
We should tape over the nice new jacks.
We should bring over tables, mirrors, etc for dressing rooms.
As PW, we would be willing to consider fewer than 24 dimmers.
We may want speaker stands. Griska has two. PW could investigate purchasing two more. Thought for PW and MF: If we cannot get money from UFB for the dimmer pack, we need to discuss whether MF or PW pays for it. Thoughts for MF and “West Side Story”: The placement of the booth should be put into the set design.
In terms of props, West Side Story will have decided what they need by November 18th so that access to storage will not be an issue.
A discussion of acoustics needs to occur. The acoustics in T. Bigs will be different but not worse than in P-dubs.
Before November 18th, T. Bigs does not belong to MF, but they can request it for rehearsal space beforehand.
Minimum capacity of 90 people to see show acceptable. 6. As a minimum, we need 12 boom bases (6 additional) and about 200 feet of pipe (120' additional). Ideally, we would like to look into renting/buying trusses. Mac will look into that.

7. Lobby: We need Arnold Lounge to be reserved for us for December 5th- 9th, 6 pm - midnight and for a Sunday matinee. Ideally, we would like to have it reserved every evening for the tech week of the show.

8. We need daily access to our whole costume stock. As a back-up plan, they could be stored at Cari's.

9. We would like to have Dean Jablonski's administrative backing that we will try our best in terms of not building during Quiet Hours. We need to check with Res Life and the residents of Keeney that it will be ok to have two weeks of orchestra rehearsal.

Michael Linden, feel free to edit out and appropriately phrase the above list when you speak with Dean Jablonski.

the PW board is: Jessie Austrian, Seth Bockley, Cari Cymanski, Liz Drew, Adam Griska, Adam Immerwahr, Gabe Kahane, Dov Lebowitz-Nowak, Michael Linden, Gayle MacDonald, David Myers, Michael Perlman, Rebecca Rouse and Mac Vaughey.

Word.


Back to the minutes Back to the PW homepage

Taken by Gayle, htmlized by garland.

minutes/02sep30.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/21 02:00 (external edit)
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Run by Debian Driven by DokuWiki