Skip Navigation
 

"Production Workshop Minutes"

6 october 2002



Present: Gayle, Cari, David, Perlman, Immer, Jessie, Griska, Gabe

Visiting: Nina Mamikunian, James Egelhofer

Upcoming Meetings: Monday, October 7th 11:30 pm New Members Meeting
Wednesday October 9th 11:45 Initiation (it will start at midnight)
Monday, October 14th 8:30 am Decision Meeting, 11 pm Board meeting Nina - brought the grant proposal for “Slip of the Tongue”

David is in charge of grants. (Immer is Dumpster Boy)
We'll look over her proposal and tell her next week.

James - representing Musical Forum. Yay we have Leeds yay!!!! He just wanted to give a heads up that MF will be needing some help and they won't necessarily know in advance exactly what, but the lending of lights, etc.

Perlman - We should consider lending lights to Linden for Brownbrokers as opposed to Griska for West Side Story because Griska will have just designed Green Bird in Leeds and fewer lights will have to be moved that way.

Perlman - voices a plea on behalf of Sock and Buskin to go build and to go to strike. We are a theater community! Let's make it a board activity - Immer will talk to Laura Smith about when she'd like us.

2nd slot - Going great! Wondering if they can paint some cowboy boots white? Yes! Griska will go to Benny's and buy 4 cans of flat black latex paint. And they'll schedule a time when they'd like the board to come help paint. Sod is cheap, so they're not growing grass.

3rd slot - 2 proposals: Immer with “Endgame” and Alden with “Man Bites Dog”

Decision Meeting = Monday, October 14th 8:30 am
Interviews: 9 am, 9:45 am

Monday, October 14th 11 pm Board meeting

Cari - in future, we should think about having initiation on a weekend.

The retreat will (sadly) be postponed yet again.

Server - died. If she cannot get a backup of the site from Sam, she will hire him to rewrite the site and we will buy a new server. It will probably cost $900-$1400. Board liasons to other boards should ask their boards if they are willing to contribute $100 or so each.
There was some discussion as to what should be done.
Decision: Cari will present the board with an amount of money needed and we will agree to an amount we're willing to spend. Cari will have complete control over what is done. If, in the future, we wish to alter the aesthetic or the wording of parts of the website, we can change those things at that time.

Gabe - UFB called and asked if we needed money. He said no and told them to call Mac.

Jessie - we should all think about the tone of our meetings. We are quick to argue with each other. We're in crisis mode and that makes us self-destructive.

Perlman and Linden will set up a meeting with Dean J. We need to present her with our “viable theater” list.

Upspace - Wednesday Alden is having a reading of “Man Bites Dog.” Someone needs to let him in; Gabe will email out the time. As many board members as can, should go to the reading.

Thursday: West Side Story callbacks.

Thesy is not going to perform her show “Four Dogs and a Bone” Nov 1-3. We have agreed to buy David's monitor. David needs $50 from Mac. Mac will give it to him.

Business:

Cari - Playwrighting workshop's auditions could be conjoined with 3rd slot. Tabled.

Gabe - Would it be ok if Maria Goyannes directed “Jacuzzi Jacuzzi Jacuzzi” by Thomas Beatty in PW's playwrighting workshops? Good directors are hard to find, esp. those who mesh with the writer. In the future, he thinks writers should propose a director with their script.

Perlman - would be comfortable with it if the other director were a student.

Jessie - We need to advertise for directors; otherwise, it's not fair.

David - It's not fair. He's opposed to having a non-Brown student direct as a matter of principle. Would be comfortable with a grad student.

Gayle - Also not comfortable with a non-Brown student direct a PW (Brown's only completely student-run theater) project.

Gabe - then Thomas will do it somewhere else.

Perlman - Could Maria = dramaturg and directing mentor?

David - No, but Thomas could have Maria direct it in the Upspace or he could apply for a grant.

Gabe - proposes that we send out in the email: “Interested in directing a workshop of a new play?”

Gayle - let's ask the playwrights to propose directors first and email that out next week if they want help finding directors.

Where will the workshops perform? In the Upspace? Need two weekends - Nov 1-3 and 8-10? the 8-10 is tech weekend for third slot. Our rule is performances can happen during tech weekends if the downstairs space show is cool with it. Immer - there are lots of apprentices on the 2nd slot staff!

David - there's a freshman, sophomore, junior, senior and grad student in the show and someone from every class on the staff. . . hot!

Perlman - his parents will be bringing us our new computer =) Parent's Weekend. Maybe it will go in the box office. . .

Immer - we ought to print on our tickets that seats will be given away at 7:45 pm if the ticket holder is not there.

Gabe - will make tickets for 2nd slot.

the PW board is: Jessie Austrian, Seth Bockley, Cari Cymanski, Liz Drew, Adam Griska, Adam Immerwahr, Gabe Kahane, Dov Lebowitz-Nowak, Michael Linden, Gayle MacDonald, David Myers, Michael Perlman, Rebecca Rouse and Mac Vaughey.

Word.


Back to the minutes | Back to the PW homepage

Taken by Gayle, htmlized by garland.

minutes/02oct06.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/21 02:00 (external edit)
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Run by Debian Driven by DokuWiki