Skip Navigation
 

"Production Workshop Minutes"

24 november 2002



Present: Gayle, Griska, Immer, Mac, Cari, Seth, Perlman, Maya, Vanessa, Jessie, David, Dov

Visiting: “Crave” staff - Briel Steinberg, Ellen Darling, Dana Kroplick, Blair Nelson, Lisa (ATD), Xiaojue (costume apprentice)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSIE!

Next Week's Meeting: Sunday December 1st at 11:30 pm
Board Federal Hill Dinner: Friday, December 13th

1st slot - Congratulations Cari! “Crave” will be our first slot show!

Auditions will be Monday through Wednesday, December 9 - 11th.

MF - Griska borrowed the lighting board.
We need to plan this strike. Tabled.
“West Side Story” needs helping building tonight!
Dark Day is Monday - help out Griska!

2nd slot -
Mentor = Seth (if he needs help, also Immer)
Making poster = Vanessa

Immer will get permission from past directors, then send Cari proposals that can be put online.

New Members -
Mentor = Cari (if she needs help, also Dov)
Making poster = Vanessa

Server -
Cari's working on it.
calendar.cgi (or something) is apparently helpful
Jobs list, New Members questions going up soon.

Immer will revise the T. Bigs Show Packet over Thanksgiving and let us look it over next meeting.

Interboard meeting - Dov, Perlman and Gayle were there. In the future, our reps will be Dov, Perlman and Cari.

Discussed scheduling. Will create/compound a list of spaces and contact info (we should make sure our Upspace person knows all of this.)
Discussed allocation of rehearsal and production spaces. Communication is key. Interboard meetings will happen once a month. There will be forums on the DOUG website.

Discussion around the idea of one massive theater email a week: Cari - negative instinct. Giving up our status as alternative theater. We don't want to be a part of theater machinery.

Mac - Idea sucks. Who wants to read the S + B emails?

Seth - We could ally with us some groups, but not with S+B. This would probably not be beneficial to us.

Ellen - Would love to get 1 email a week that explains everything: not S+B but finding out what else is going on.

Gayle - Against the idea. Let's put independent students with us.

Dov - This email would be a digest of every group. He doesn't like the way we often relate to the theater community. He wants connection with dancers and wants new people in our space. If individual character could be addressed, then it's really a good idea.

Immer - concerned about the difference in tone between pw and S+B emails. The email would be too long and we wouldn't be able to retain our voice.

Dov - thinks that's a valid reason.

Jessie - good: we could reach more people. bad: the format of the email would become political. who would compile it? Why aren't these things just posted on the DOUG website?

David - We are interested in attaching ourselves to groups we're not already attached to.

Maya - How about a once a month email?

David - If there is an email, we need to be on it. List our events. Extra advertising.

Mac - We would be “breaking a contract” by making our list read S+B emails. Let's not pillage and pirate.

Dov - now has a good idea of what we think and can address these concerns at the next interboard meeting. Let's push the monthly email idea.

Mac - also opposed to the monthly email unless our list gives us permission.

Dov - it would be created online: a new list!

Jessie - will edit our email list over Thanksgiving.

Cari - will set up show email lists. Storage:

Dov -
Cari - will set up show email lists.

Storage:

Dov - 3 spaces on Brook Street, $250 - $300 a month for all 3
1 is heated and carpetted: Costumes
2 and 3 are basements: dry and secure: Electrics and big things like platforms

We can get in by Wednesday December 3rd. Keys - we can copy keys.

Dov will make sure that all happens.

Wedensday, December 3rd - We'll rent a Uhaul and have bought the costume racks.

Mac will be on top of keys for T Bigs.

Build Floor - We might have enough money in the semester budget to buy the plywood.

Vacuum - there's a big one in an unlocked Keeney closet.

We need an ok from Sue Price before we put down the floor. Dov will draw a floor plan. 6” from the walls? No, let's cut out around the outlets.
We'll build the floor after “West Side” strike during finals.

Trussing and Electricity -
Mac will call so Dov can fax the specs to Sue Price (or whoever)

Installing Electrics - early next semester
Need money from UFB

UFB

  • Trussing $8000 - $40,000 (attempt to purchase)
  • Dimmer pack $6000 - $8000 (purchase for Upspace)
  • 10 months of storage $3000
  • (Moving back into TF Green - we'll approach them for that money later)
  • (the floor we will pay for ourselves)

Mac will call up our UFB guy.
Griska - let's borrow the nail gun for putting down the floor

Dov - buy a brad gun?

Business:

Mac - Saw hazardous waste people around our dumpster. uh oh

Sign - let's take it down next saturday (dry tech day) - Griska etc

Our next meeting: Sunday 11:30 pm

Friday, December 13th (Gayle's birthday) - Board Federal Hill Dinner

the PW board is: Jessie Austrian, Seth Bockley, Maya Bruhns, Cari Cymanski, Vanessa Gonzalez, Adam Griska, Adam Immerwahr, Gabe Kahane, Dov Lebowitz-Nowak, Michael Linden, Gayle MacDonald, David Myers, Michael Perlman, Rebecca Rouse, Mac Vaughey, and Liz Drew (on leave).

Word.


Back to the minutes | Back to the PW homepage

Taken by Gayle, htmlized by garland.

minutes/02nov24.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/21 02:00 (external edit)
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Run by Debian Driven by DokuWiki