Skip Navigation
 

"Production Workshop Minutes"

18 november 2001



Attendance: Jessie, Rebecca, Gayle, Carrie, Lila, David, Gabe, Zina, Seth, Sam, Rachael, Mac, Alex, Neil, Dov

1st Slot: Posters are in the SAO, proposals due on the 27th, decision meeting on December 1st, at 9am. Neil is the mentor. Sam will book audition spaces.

Upstairs Update - David: nothing this week, but next week cardboard box rehearses and performs 8pm 11/30, 12/1, 12/2.

Calendar - Alex: letms switch Musical Forum and 4th slot so that MF and Candide don't conflict. We need to start pushing 2nd slot nowwe need to generate more proposals so we can pick it the first weekend back in order to give them the two extra weeks. Rachael will make the poster. It will be due to the mentor, Gabe, on January 24th.

Keys for new member: Mac will get copies made

Darius: visiting on behalf of Cardboard Box. Both Bald Soprano and Marat/Sade have non-Brown students working on them not as actors but as “third-eye” directors. Is this ok? Also, can CB use PW furniture stock for the shows?

(Furniture is fine as long as CB makes a deposit and also checks with the TD for the downstairs show going on. It is also fine for these non-Brown students to be involved in these cases.)

Mini-discussion on involvement of non-Brown students in the upstairs space:
Seth: In this case it's fine, but let's decide on a case by case basis
Mac: Let's be conscious of the policy we set.
David: The policy in place now is very clear. It's that the event has to have a student producer. Also, the idea of non-Brown people is exciting.
Alex: The position of 3rd eye/director is a position a Brown student could learn in. Let's be very careful because PW is after all a space for the Brown community.
Rachael: Let's form this policy very carefully by looking at things on a case by case basis.
Zina: Whoever is running the upstairs space needs to understand to always run it by the board whenever there is any non-Brown student involved in any capacity Upstairs.

Thoughts on Wednesday's meeting:
Alex: will do a forum on how to propose/work at PW in general with Rachael. This will be on Tuesday 11/27 from 6-8pm in the upstairs space.

Sam: Let's really commit to earlier decision meetings so that we can give shows two more weeks outside of the space, one for design and one for auditions and table-work with actors. Also, next year, let's try to make a calendar for both semesters at the beginning of the year. Also, let's start to get the things on the shopping list.

Gabe: Let's do a midnight show this semester.

Business:
Rachael: Let's go over poster zones
Jessie=List, Orwig
Neil=English and creative writing departments
Zina=Rock, Wilson
Mac=Perkins, Keeney
Rachael=Pembroke
Sam=Lyman
Seth=Main Green
David=German/Italian department
Gayle=Barus and Holly, CIT
Dov=Ratty and Wriston
Rebecca=Ratty and Wriston
Lila=Rights and Reason parking lot

Shopping List: gromitt set, staple guns (2 heavy duty, 4 regualr), fluorescent pink spray paint to mark our property, new router and router bit set, 2 sewing machines (about $500 worth), duvateen (we should supervise the cutting of this/ do it ourselves), shop vac, cordless jig saw, brush rack

NEXT MEETING: Monday, November 26 at 11pm

PW is: Alex Aixala, Neil Alger, Jessie Austrian, Seth Bockley, Cari Cymanski, Sarah DiGregorio, Gabe Kahane, Lila Rose Kaplan, Sam Kusnetz, Gayle MacDonald, Dov Lebowitz-Nowak, Rachael Miller, Zina Miller, David Myers, Rebecca Rouse, Mac Vaughey and Liz Drew (on leave).

Word.


Back to the minutes | Back to the PW homepage

Taken by Rouse, htmlized by sam

minutes/01nov18.txt · Last modified: 2013/12/21 02:00 (external edit)
 
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Recent changes RSS feed Donate Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Run by Debian Driven by DokuWiki